[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3831)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3831)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3831)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3831)
HVAC Repair Forum from NorthAmericaHVAC.com • View topic - Richard Mille RM 007 White Gold Pave Red and Black and White
Board index HVAC Parts & Repair Help Finding Repair Parts Richard Mille RM 007 White Gold Pave Red and Black and White

Richard Mille RM 007 White Gold Pave Red and Black and White

Richard Mille RM 007 White Gold Pave Red and Black and White Watch

Model: RM 007 White Gold Pavé Red and Black and White
Manufactured by: Richard Mille
case:
White Gold
cuts:45.00 x 31.00 mm

Again, the reserve price is held in secret. As a buyer, you have no idea what it is. The hope is that you just keep bidding higher until you reach it. But that is rarely the case. Buyers will get discouraged and simply not bid, or wait until someone else has reached the reserve price to see what it is. If the reserve price is not met, the only way of communicating what it is to buyers is to simply tell them what it is. Decoding The MSRP: What Retail Price Means, And What You Should Pay Watch Buying Prices are a funny thing. We often don't understand why we pay what we do, nor do we often understand why some places can or do charge more for the same goods. In the retail goods market, there is such a thing as the MSRP, or manufacturer's suggested retail price. I have no idea where this price comes from. The best I can understand, there is a secret smokey room meeting where such numbers are obtained. MSRP prices attempt to combine the cost of production along with design, marketing, administrative costs, distribution, and of course profit.So this is my advice to people wishing to successfully sell on eBay; if you insist on placing a reserve price on an auction, write what the reserve price is in the auction description. This way you can save money on the initial listing cost, and you'll be sure that if the price is fair and there is demand. People will bid. If the auction is not a success, you'll know that the price you are asking is too high given the current demand. Otherwise, you simply have to start an auction at the lowest price you will accept for an item, and save everyone a headache and wasted time, or just place it as a "Buy It Now" item at a price you'd be happy with.

Another thing you need to know is that retailers are keen to the fact that you like getting a good deal. Consumers like savings, and mark-offs, and sales. What better way to indicate perceived savings that start with an inflated "retail" cost, and then offer you something below that price. In fact, most MSRP (usually the same as retail prices), are based at the top of what they think any consumer will pay for the good. From there, each retailer has a degree of wiggle room. This is why you always see a retail price with a slash through it, and the price at which you can buy it. In fact, in most categories, you should never actually have to pay retail for anything.This is where the Internet comes in and scares the hell out of traditional "brick and mortar" retailers. Internet based stores don't have nearly the overhead as traditional stores do. No sales people, no display space, just a website, which costs a lot less. Because of these lowered costs, Internet retailers can charge less to the consumer and still make a profit. You can see why this would scare traditional businesses. In the watch world, this has partially translated itself into watch makers not allowing Internet retailers to be "authorized dealers" online, and typically glossing over the subject of the internet as is. But this is another discussion entirely.

watches start to become the target of fakes? Its true. I first learned that Watches-brand.com was selling fake Citizen Campanola watches, such as the Grand Complication. This sort of makes sense as the watches are all above $2000 and feature quartz movements. But then I learned that they didn't stop there. They are making fake watches based on authentic Citizen watches which themselves are only a few hundred dollars brand new. I get the market for the fake Rolex or Patek Philippe, but what is the message of faking a Citizen? Something like "I'd really like people to think I am middle class third world country, because I identify that with the highest level of success I'll ever possibly reach, but my status is merely enough to convince people I know how to tell the time if I am wearing a watch." Yes, this statement is odd and contrived, but so is faking a Citizen. Not that there is anything wrong with Citizen, I proudly own a few myself, but I'd never see a reason to buy a fake one.You see, a craftsman making watches goes through every step of the process to put the watch together. From assembly of the movement, to decorating the face, to placing hands, and on to sealing it up and testing fro accuracy. This craftsman knows each watch in and out and will not release a watch that fails to live up to quality standards. On the other hand, the workers in an assembly line aren't as involved in each watch. Here you have one person that does one task. The person putting on the hands of the watch never sees what goes into making the movement. The person testing the accuracy of the watch has no knowledge of what went into making this specific watch. If undesired levels of inaccuracy are found, it is probably more cost effective to sell the watch as a defective item rather than disassemble it and start over. The bottom line is that the assembly like approach to watch making is not as involved or emotional a process as the craftsman's approach.

So when you see a retail price on a highly desirable good, you know that the price is just something set at the top of what people will pay. This goes for just about every piece of electronics, and almost every watch. This gives retailers a way of displaying that you are getting a deal. "Look at the price on the tag, now I'll take 10% off that. Aren't you happy?" Sure, that's nice of them, but they are still getting at least 20% as a profit. I personally don't feel right about giving a retailer more than 10%, maybe 15% profit, but that is just my feeling. So when you see a retail price with a slash through it, you might as well ignore that price. Few people, if any, actually pays retail on such goods. The majority of us purchase goods at varying levels of profit to the retailer. It is not to say that Internet retailers get less of a profit that traditional stores, but rather they have less overhead before making a profit, so they can charge you less.Further, it is not necessarily the case that craftsman quality watches are more expensive that assembly line watches. For example, Rolex watches are mostly assembly line watches and command $5000 - $25,000 for a new watch. On the other hand, a Marcello C watch is assembled by a dedicated craftsman and commands from under $1000, to $3000. For this reason it is important to ask how the watches are assembled before making a purchase decision.

Return to Finding Repair Parts